Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lacking Originality

I feel like I lack originality. This came up today during a conversation between me and a friend.
"Just log into my account for me, username is Sandwichezzz and password is <password>."
"WTF? Sandwichezzz?"
"Yeah, I came up with the name when I was 11, because I... um... liked sandwiches?"
"It says it needs your e-mail... what's your e-mail?"
oh god
"My e-mail? arnav.pokemonfan@gmail.com."
"What?"
"arnav.pokemonfan@gmail.com"
I then hid my face in embarrassment. Why didn't I just choose a normal "firstname.lastname@gmail.com?" Why not initials? Because I wanted to be original. Here's a list of various usernames I've used over the years, in chronological order:
  • arnav_falcon98@yahoo.com (first e-mail, used it for about a month before switching to GMail. I liked falcons.)
  • arnav.pokemonfan@gmail.com (I liked pokemon.)
  • Pierate (I had this thing about pie. Remember, this is when I was still about 9.)
  • Sandwichezzz (If I recall correctly, my first MapleStory account? Back in like v63 or v75, for MapleStory players. I stopped playing after Big Bang Patch.)
  • thesandwichman (Roblox?)
  • iArnav (I chose it because I thought it would be original. I still use it today, but I regret it. I thought, "Wow, this is original!", but truthfully, everyone and their mother uses i<Name>.)
  • arnavIsABoss (Don't know whether I should count this one. This was created when I made my twitter, @arnavIsABoss. I still use it for twitter.)
  • supermegaultra (newest one, but I only used it once for some random online game because for some reason iArnav was taken.) 
Wow. I didn't even know I'd used that many; I just ran through all the ones I remembered and a few others came back to me. That's cool. I can't believe how much I've changed in only four years, though. From when I was 9 and using arnav_falcon98, to now when I use arnavIsABoss; I'm sure when I'm in college I'll be using something else. Or at least, I hope I will. Sometimes I'm amazed by usernames that have meaning. It's like an inside joke that only the user understands. I wish I had one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment