Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Resurrection

The last time I blogged, I was in 8th grade. I've changed so much since then, it's hard for me to believe I wrote half of this stuff. Still, I remember sitting in front of my computer on dark mornings, playing League of Legends and dreading school the next day.

Doesn't sound much like current Arnav, does it?

I could dwell on that stuff forever, but I want to blog about other things. Firstly, I want to address why I'm blogging again. It's fairly simple, really - I've just been influenced by MIT Admissions Blogs. I've been reading them for a while, and I thought it would be a fun thing to do. However, that's what got me started with blogging in the 8th grade, and that wasn't such a huge success - I didn't really follow through with it.

What makes this time different?

This time, I plan on blogging for myself. Previously, I had blogged in a more social manner - everything written on my blog was written for other people's eyes, and I spent far too long making sure the site was visually appealing. Since then, I've come to realize that I'd like to blog for the reason I think most people might blog: it's like keeping a journal. I'll be writing more for myself than for others, and should therefore enjoy writing more. This will lead to blogging being less of an obligation, resulting in more blogiation. I made that word up because I saw the letters in obligation. Heh.


No comments:

Post a Comment