Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers' Day

So, it's Fathers' Day (yeah, that's right. Fathers', not Father's). What's funny is, I don't even think this day has any relation to Fathers' Day. Fathers' Day could be in the middle of December for all I care, because there's no reason for it to be on this day other than "Hey, I have an idea, let's make a Fathers' Day in June!" I would like to see one of those kinds of holidays in August. August has no proper holidays. June has Fathers' Day and the Summer Solstice (which, after watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, counts as a holiday.) Summer starts in 5 days! Also, my mother found this awesome quote that she put on Facebook, and I thought it should be here, too (because it's so cool):



‎"I drink deeply from wells of freedom and liberty that I did not dig. I eat lavishly from banquet tables prepared for me by my ancestors. I sit under the shade of trees that were planted and cultivated and cared for by those who I will never know."
-Mr. Booker's Address to Harvard. 
I'm sad to say I have no idea who Mr. Booker is or why he's important, but the quote is still amazing. Happy Fathers' Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment