Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Computer
Why I love it, why I hate it, etc.

Okay. My computer is pretty cool. It's the first desktop I've ever owned. Previously owned computers:
-Dell Latitude D610 (hand-me-down laptop)
-Macbook Pro (also a hand-me-down laptop).

As for those, I didn't like the Dell, and I loved the Macbook. However, the Macbook wasn't compatible with a lot of the things I wanted to do, and my torrented version of Parallels didn't help much with that. So, we took the desktop in my mother's office, got her a Dell XPS laptop (it's huge!) and put the desktop in my room. It's what I use to type these posts. Here's why owning this Inspiron 545s can be a pain sometimes:
  • Slim computer = low profile graphics card only
  • low profile graphics card? have fun trying to play any game that's NOT league of legends or maplestory
  • no place to put all my wires (the desk I own is more of a homework-desk, not a computer-desk. there's no hole in the back to put all your wires)
  • wow there's not as many problems on this list as I thought there would be, but the first one is good enough to be 10 problems

so, yeah. That sucks. But, here's some awesome parts about this computer:
  • it's a COMPUTER

  • it's a desktop; never leaving my room ftw

  • 17" Monitors are cool

  • not as cool as 23" monitors :(

  • over 500GB storage



I've been wanting to build my own computer for my birthday (July 3rd)... we'll see how that goes. I'm hoping to get some amazing parts, like an AMD Radeon 7850, an SSD (if I can afford one), etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment